Bill Gates kicks of this years Bill Gates Scholarship Program. The scholarship was started in 1999 as a result of a $1 billion grant from Microsoft founder Bill Gates. Fast forward to this year Bill Gates Scholarships Program is growing.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Bill Gates offers 1000 scholarships each year to potential candidates. Gates Scholarship is a fully Funded Scholarship for you and covers Your Tuition Fee, room, board, books, and transportation, and more. There are some qualifications you need to meet before you stand the chance of winning Bill Gate Scholarship programs.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY FOR BILL GATES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR BILL GATES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to qualify for Bill Gates Scholarship Programs
To meet the minimum qualifications for the scholarship award, applicants must be high school seniors with at least a cumulative 3.3 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale, eligible for the Federal Pell Grant, and plan to enroll full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university.
Additionally, applicants must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States, and be of African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian-Pacific Islander or Hispanic American heritage. Ideally, applicants should be able to provide strong examples of personal success and growth (emotional maturity, motivation, preservation, etc) and demonstrate outstanding leadership abilities.
How to Apply For Gates Scholarship Program
To apply for Gates Scholarship program follow below instructions.
- Visit Official Website TheGatesScholarship.org/scholarship
- Click on Start Profile
- Create your account on the new window
- Fill the form with each details that is attached to it.
- Click submit button
- You have successfully applied for Gates scholarship Program
To learn More about Billgates Scholarship Watch video below